Model Question and Answers for APSC | Write short on various types of Earthquakes.
Ans : An earthquake in simple words is the shaking of the earth. It is a natural event. It is caused due to release of energy, which generates waves that travel in all directions.
Types of Earthquakes
1. The most common ones are the tectonic earthquakes. These are generated due to sliding of rocks along a fault plane.
2. A special class of tectonic earthquakes is sometimes recognised as volcanic earthquakes. However, these are confined to areas of active volcanoes
3. In the areas of intense mining activity, sometimes the roofs of underground mines collapse causing minor tremors. These are called collapse earthquakes.
4. Ground shaking may also occur due to the explosion of chemical or nuclear devices. Such tremors are called explosion earthquakes.
5. The earthquakes that occur in the areas of large reservoirs are referred to as reservoir induced earthquakes.