Model Question and Answers for APSC | To what extent globalisation has influenced the core of cultural diversity in India? Explain.
To what extent globalisation has influenced the core of cultural diversity in India? Explain.
Ans: Globalization is a term used to describe how trade and technology have made the world a more connected and interdependent place. Globalization also captures in its scope the economic and social changes that have come about as a result.
Influence on the core of cultural diversity in India:
- Movement from joint families of various kinds based on cooperation and collaboration to a modest increase in nuclear families based on individualism, competition and career progression
- Homogenization in terms of food choices where pizza, burgers and pasta are replacing the diverse diet of our subcontinent
- A similar phenomenon can be seen in seen clothing as western suits and ties replace diverse Indian clothes
- People across faith are more active on valentine's Day and Mother's Day as compared to Buddh Purnima or Ram Navami
Counter assertion of cultural diversity through being vocal for local:
- Diverse yoga practices and Ayurveda countering Gyms and allopathic medicine.
- Indian Ram Navami, Ganesh Festival, Lohri and Pongal reaching distant shores
- Indian joint families re-emerging in North America re-educate diaspora in cultural diversity based on a complex mixture of regional, national and religious identity .