Model Question and Answers for APSC | In what ways would the ongoing US-Iran Nuclear Pact Controversy affect the national interest of India? How should India respond to this situation?
In what ways would the ongoing US-Iran Nuclear Pact Controversy affect the national interest of India? How should India respond to this situation?
Ans: Iran and the US have been fighting about the Nuclear deal, which was supposed to stop Iran from making nuclear weapons. Since Donald Trump didn't agree with the policy, it was only a matter of time before it was put on hold. The effects of this act are felt by everyone involved, including India.
What this dispute means for India:
- Iran is one of India's main oil suppliers, and the steady flow of oil is needed to keep oil prices stable. There is a chance that oil prices will go up because of the tension, which will add to India's expenses.
- Tensions between Iran and the US will have a big effect on West Asia, and they will spread to Afghanistan, which is in India's A country's safety is always at risk when it has a volatile back yard
- India built the multi-billion-dollar Chabahar port near the Persian It plans to use this port as a counter to the Chinese-built Gwadar port in Pakistan. Because of US sanctions, India can no longer use the port for business.
Wayward for India in this situation:
- There needs to be peace in this area as soon as possible, or else tensions could get worse. A temporary peace treaty can be made with other countries that have the same goals until a permanent solution is found.
- India needs to find other ways to get oil to make up for the fact that it can't get it from Iran. India needs help from big producers like Saudi Arabia.
- India must try to get the UN to step in and help with the Nuclear There needs to be a third party that is impartial and looks out for the best interests of both sides. If both countries agree to a pact, there will be peace in the area for a long time.
To reduce oil dependency India needs to do more to promote renewable sources. In the long run, this will make a difference. So, it's clear that tensions between two countries have effects on other countries as well. It is important for the countries that are affected to get together and put pressure on the warring parties to find a middle ground.