Model Question and Answers for APSC | Do Department -related Parliamentary Standing Committees keep the administration on its toes and inspire reverence for parliamentary control? Evaluate the working of such committees with suitable examples.
Do Department -related Parliamentary Standing Committees keep the administration on its toes and inspire reverence for parliamentary control? Evaluate the working of such committees with suitable examples.
Ans : A civil society is composed of groups or organisations working in the interest of the citizens but operating outside of the governmental and for-profit sectors. Organisations and institutions that make up civil society include labour unions, non-profit organisations, churches, and other service agencies that provide an important service to society but generally ask for very little in return.
The role of civil society as guardian of Human rights and obligations
1. Civil society is directly involved in protection of fundamental rights of people for example Bachpan Bachao Andolan works for protection of Child rights
2. Civil society brings information to masses making administration transparent and accountable. For example
Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan is responsible for legislation of RTI act 2005
3. Civil society helps in implementation of various government schemes for welfare of vulnerable sections
4. Civil society organisations work for bringing public awareness and actions on challenging issues like Climate change, Pollution etc example Greenpeace.
5. They also help in fulfilling Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) obligations of private companies mandated by Indian law.