Model Question and Answers for APSC | Appropriate local community-level healthcare intervention is a prerequisite to achieve ‘Health for All ‘ in India. Explain.
Appropriate local community-level healthcare intervention is a prerequisite to achieve ‘Health for All ‘ in India. Explain.
Ans: "Health for all" means that everyone has access to the health services they need (such as prevention, promotion, treatment, rehabilitation, and end-of- life care) without having to worry about how they will pay for them. To do this, we need a health system that works well and gives everyone access to good services, health workers, medicines, and technologies.
Importance of health care interventions at the community level to achieve "Health for all":
- Local community-level interventions are the first way that people can get complete and easy-to-reach health care that meets their immediate needs.
- Risk screening helps find diseases early and reduces the overall number of diseases in the country. TB is found at an early stage.
- Providing preventive services like vaccinations, family planning, nutrition, and care for mothers at the local level can cut down on the need for secondary and tertiary health care.
- People's out-of-pocket costs can be cut down if chronic health conditions and end-of-life care are handled at the local level.
- Keeping the ratio of doctors to patients at the local level can make sure that everyone has access to doctors, reduce the need for quacks, and get rid of causes that could have been avoided, like wrong treatment.
- Improvements to infrastructure, new technologies, and building up the skills of health workers should be added to the local community- level health care efforts.
- When local health workers are part of decentralisation, they can help meet the local health needs. Example: Groakhpur acute Ancephelitus syndrome
- Monitoring communicable diseases, like COVID, by screening patients and suggesting the best way to treat them. This is called Triage.
- These can help people learn about diseases that can be spread and diseases that can't be Seeking medical advice as a behaviour.
- These are centres that are easy to get to and can be set up in the area with less This helps to even out both economic and geographical differences.
Community-based health care is therefore a very good idea for society as a whole. With the help of both public and private institutions, Ayushman Bharat can easily give it to everyone. In this direction, the government has also made a National Health Policy and a National Health blueprint to look at digitising health records and providing health care to everyone.