Model Question and Answers for APSC | Appropriate local community healthcare interventions are prerequisite to achieve “Health for All” in India. Explain.
Ans : Delhi has over 500 more Mohalla clinics (neighbourhood community clinics). Success of delhi’s Mohalla clinics show the crucial role community healthcare interventions can play in achieving “Health for All” in India
Need for appropriate local community healthcare interventions
1. These clinics can reduced burden on the government hospital OPD
2. That leads to decreasing waiting time in OPD.
3. More quality time is given by doctors in OPD to the patients.
4. These clinics are available near patients in their locality, patients needn’t travel to far flung hospitals
Popularising local community health care systems:
1. We can improve Primary Health Care (PHC) centres in rural and urban neighbourhoods by improvements like regular availability of staff, diagnostic improvements like regular availability of staff, diagnostic tests or clinic infrastructure.
2. It will also require a localised awareness campaign, putting location of mohalla localised awareness campaign, putting location of mohalla on Google Maps and regular monitoring for quality of healthcare and infrastructure.