Daily Current Affairs (MCQ's) | 21-01-2023
Daily Current Affairs (MCQ's) | 21-01-2023
Q1. Which of the following states has a district which has provided all basic documents to all tribal people?
Wayanad becomes country’s first district to provide basic documents to all tribal people:
• Wayanad becomes the first district in the country to provide basic documents and facilities such as Aadhaar card, ration card, birth/death certificates, election ID card, bank account and health insurance to all tribespeople.
• Since all the relevant departments are brought under one roof in a camp, each beneficiary gets all the needed services at the camp itself, saving them the time and effort of visiting several offices.
Q2. Consider the following statements
1. Compostable plastic disintegrates into compost, carbon dioxide and water
2. Biodegradable plastic leaves harmful microplastics Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
Govt. policy muddle is stalling production of biodegradable plastic:
• Eight months after the Center banned single-use plastic and paved the way for the use of biodegradable plastic, a lack of coordination among multiple ministries has led to confusion about what is biodegradable plastic.
• A consequence of this is that many, who are now unable to manufacture single-use plastic goods and invested in making biodegradable alternatives, are unable to produce them and stare at an uncertain future.
• The BIS has established a provisional protocol of testing biodegradable plastic that says 90% biodegradation should be achieved to pass the test which may take upto two years.
• The Environment Ministry in its notification of July 2022 banning single-use plastic allowed manufacturers to get a ‘provisional certificate’ valid till June 2023 from the Central Pollution Control
• Board (CPCB) allowing them to make biodegradable plastic goods.
• Such a certificate could be procured if a manufacturer obtained an ‘interim’ test report. There is no clarity over this interim test.
Q3. Haiderpur wetland, a protected Ramsar site that some believe to be the best upland in North India, is situated in the state of
d. Uttar Pradesh
Experts slam move to dewater Haiderpur wetland:
• The Uttar Pradesh irrigation department drained out Haiderpur wetland, a protected Ramsar site that some believe to be the best upland in North India, forcing tens of thousands of migratory birds to leave the most prominent bird site in western part of the state.
• Officials admitted that this was done under pressure from farmers who complained of water logging in their fields due to high ground water level.
• Haiderpur wetland is a Ramsar site – a wetland of national and international importance – on the bordering Muzaffarnagar and Bijnor districts.
• There are 300 different species of birds that have been documented at the wetland. Dewatering the wetland is against the Ramsar convention,” said one birder and environmentalist.
Q4. Which of the following states is known as the ‘Land of the Dawn-lit- Mountains’?
d. Arunachal Pradesh
Popularly known as ‘Land of the Dawn-lit-Mountains’, Arunachal Pradesh is India’s remotest state and the first Indian soil to greet the rising sun. Located on the northeastern tip of India with its borders touching China, Bhutan and Burma (Myanmar), this beautiful land is endowed with dazzling array of flora and fauna that is sure to allure any tourist. More than 500 rare species of Orchids are found in the dense jungles of Arunachal Pradesh. The misty hills, sparkling rivers, gurgling waterfalls add charm to the beauty of this incredible land. Arunachal Pradesh finds its mention in the literature of Kalika Purana and the great Hindu Epic Mahabharata. It is believed to be the Prabhu Mountains of the Puranas. According to a Hindu mythological legend, Arunachal Pradesh was the place where sage Parshuram washed away his sin, sage Vyasa meditated, King Bhishmaka founded his kingdom and Lord Krishna married his consort Rukmini. Ruled by many powerful dynasties and kingdoms, Arunachal Pradesh India is dotted with innumerable historical monuments and archeological remains, which bear testimony to its rich cultural heritage.
Q5. Which of the following is/are correctly matched?
Select the correct answer from codes given below
a. 1 and 2 only
b. 1 and 3 only
c. 3 only
d. 1, 2 and 3
The Official State symbols represent the cultural heritage and natural treasures of Assam. The following are the accredited State symbols of Assam: